Valley of the Kings is a capture-the-flag map set in the Egyptian desert. On one side, there is a team of Archaeologists. On the other, some ancient Egyptians who don't seem to know which millenia it is. Originally designed for large-scale team combat on playmindcrack, this map has been modified to work with smaller groups.
On the upper path, there are the elytra of a scarab beetle. They provide a fast way to get into the enemy base -- if you can avoid enemy arrows, that is! A shortcut is provided to the elytra from each spawnpoint, but bear in mind: The other team has a shortcut, too.
No big teams? No problem! The game comes with up to five AIs per team. These skeletons will keep a careful eye on your flag while you are off attacking the enemy base. They will switch to swords at close range. Do not underestimate them! It is advised that you raise the AI count if playing with fewer players, and lower it if playing with more players. It's fairly fun to try to get past the AI, so you can even play it singleplayer!
This map takes full advantage of the new 1.9 mechanics: Shields are mandatory, and you will not win without using them properly. All of the weapons are set to deliver an instant kill if used correctly (that is, a fully drawn bow or a fully charged sword attack), but they can all be blocked with the shield.
That's all you need to know! Good luck!
- Completely converted the map to 1.16 functions, causing a ton of internal changes that shouldn't impact gameplay much
- XP bar timer is now a digital actionbar timer
- Got rid of the "Players" display scoreboard
- Personal captures are now only shown at the end of the game, and in the sidebar
- Swapped out the fancier "randomize" team totem, which for some reason was unused before despite being fully built
- Switched the "time left" tutorial for an "AI" tutorial
- Added travel limits for spectators