What It's Like tells the story of an unknown man who does not know who he is or where he is. He does not know anything, in fact. But by the end of this story, he will know one thing; the feeling of a very misunderstood life.
Find your way through three challenges that you have only heard of before, then choose your fate in the fourth and fifth.
- Master Volume: >20%.
- Music: OFF.
- Particles: All.
- Clouds: OFF.
- Render Distance: 10+ chunks.
- Mods and resource packs are recommended to be turned off.
- Must be played on single player.
WARNING: Despite its possibly misleading title, What It's Like covers some heavy topics. If you are looking for something else, such as a puzzle map or a mini-game, this is not the right map.
Note: This is NOT a horror map. No jump-scares or creepy-pastas are included.
Tip: If you are having trouble during the first challenge, you can turn on subtitles to make it easier. If you're still having trouble, you can press F3 to bring up the debug screen and the 3D pointer to help you see where you're facing. Note that these two tricks kind of ruin what the challenge is trying to simulate and by some may be considered cheating, but you're free to do it.
- Updated the map version to 1.11.2 (as in Minecraft's version).
- View distance changed from 11+ chunks to 10+ chunks.
- Added a couple small features and fixed a few bugs.
- Modified the chat a bit.