Make sure to check out Chapter 2, which is out now and can be found here.
Welcome to the Kitatcho Laboratories!
Hello there, and welcome to the infamous Kitatcho Laboratories! You are TS-03. The third-ever test subject at this facility, and today you'll be making your way through 15 of the Kitatcho Laboratories High-Tech Puzzle Chambers!
These tests will range from placing slimeballs on pressure plates, bouncing off of slime blocks, using an electrical wrench with redstone, jumping with an added boost, swimming (sometimes through lava!), and even walking on sticky surfaces that contain substances that no one really knows what they are (It's best not to think about it)!
I hope you look forward to trying out our tests, and we hope to join you at the conclusion of the testing track for our Testers Reward Program, where we hand-crafted a reward built specifically for you!
This map is a reboot of an old series me and a few friends made back in 2015 (which later got an updated version in 2017) which became one of the most popular story-driven puzzle maps for Minecraft! While I look back on the older map with fond memories, I couldn't help but think of new ways to improve it each time I went back to it.
So I've decided to reboot the series and work on the franchise again from the ground up! This time around I'm putting my all into this map and I think what me and my team managed to create is something you guys will enjoy a lot!
- 15 original chambers that progress in difficulty as you play!
- A fully voice-acted story!
- An original soundtrack to listen to during the puzzles (copyright free, don't worry YouTubers)!
- A new and original texture pack to add to the immersion!
- Lots of secrets to find during your testing adventure!
- Slimeballs. Lots and lots of slimeballs.
I'd like to thank everyone again for checking out this map and playing it, as well as supporting me and my team over the years as we continue to try our best to make high-quality map experiences for you all to enjoy!
If you have any feedback, please feel free to comment on it below as I always look forward to reading what you all have to say! Even feel free to record a series of the map on YouTube, as I'll definitely check it out!
This is a version of this map I'm happy with, so I hope you all enjoy it as well! Thank you again for playing, and I hope you look forward to what me and my team have to bring in the future!
2020-09-17 - Map Released.
- Updated the map to 1.20.4
- Added ReBrainer to map credits
- Added a link to Chapter 3
- Removed some unnecessary vanilla Minecraft advancements
- Fixed a bug where you could craft blaze powder with the Electrical Wrench
- Fixed a bug where you could exit Chamber 15 with extra effects
- Fixed a bug after the Simulation room where Jake's chat messages continued when he was no longer speaking
- Added a prompt to download Chapter 2 after completing the map
- Added new lava and water textures
- Made a lever in the simulation room easier to find
- Made the Test Track 02 lobby feel more populated
- Added signs to let players know how many items are in each chamber
- Removed advancement announcements
- Slight redesigns to chambers 03, 04, 05, 13, and 15 for a better testing experience
- Optimized resource pack
- Added a link to Chapter 2 in the hub
- (Hopefully) fixed spawn issue in multiplayer
- Added light blocks to the sign in the hub (Thank you 1.17.3)
- Updated textures for weed wacker and electrical wrench
- Made signs easier to read
- Made very slight changes to the design of a few chambers to make them less frustrating
- Fixed dirt path texture not working at the start of the map
- Fixed a sign in Chamber 15 showing the incorrect number of levers to find
- Added a bit of detail in the empty hallways between chambers
- Map is now compatible with Minecraft 1.19
- Added many quality-of-life improvements and small redesigned areas to each chamber in the map for better playability.
- Added item frames above chests/doorways to indicate what they contain.
- Very minor changes to a few chambers
- Fixed an issue where Chamber 05 said it contained 2 levers instead of 4
- Fixed an issue where a purple teleport block could be seen on the floor of Chamber 13 despite the button no longer existing.
- Fixed an issue where water could be found in Chamber 13 despite lava no longer being involved in that chamber.
- Removed a minor parkour section in Chamber 14 for redstone as it could just be bypassed with the jump boost provided.
- Fixed dirt path texture not showing properly in v1.4
- Compressed the music in the resource pack, making the total map size 30MB smaller.
- Map is now compatible with Minecraft 1.19.4