This map was released on Realms for Minecraft: Java Edition on the 27th of January, 2023. KitPvP is a classic genre of PvP in which you select a set of items from a pre-determined set of loadouts ("kits") and use these items to battle your friends in the arena! With more than 30 kits to choose from, this map is a great way to have fun fighting your friends!
- 32 unique kits
- Detailed descriptions of every kit
- Market feature that allows you to unlock kits after making kills
- Tracking and easy view of personal statistics
- An easy-to-follow, interactive tutorial to get you started
- Killstreak tracking
- Several custom abilities
- Eight cosmetic ranks unlocked through kills
- Custom terrain, buildings and trees
- A lovely Main Lobby, a grand Kit Selection Area and a beautiful Market
- No pay-to-win - everything is unlocked through gameplay
- The ability for server operators to unlock everything for everyone - see the lectern in the Main Lobby
- Definitely no easter eggs
Rules & Recommendations:
A good PvP experience means different things to different people. For this reason, feel free to adapt these rules to your personal preferences. That being said, though, if you run any commands or similar, the map is at risk of breaking. No guarantees.
- Do not use any hacked clients.
- Do not abuse any bugs.
- Do not log out in combat.
- Do not run any commands.
- Feel free to team and camp.
The following settings will make the most out of the map:
- Minecraft version: 1.19.3
- Player count: 2+ (you can't play PvP alone)
- Render distance: 8-20 (the higher the better, especially for ranged classes, but anything is technically possible)
- Smooth lighting: Maximum
- Brightness: Bright
If you make a YouTube video or similar from this map, leaving a link to this page and crediting appropriately in the video is greatly appreciated. DO NOT pretend like this map was your own work.
- Map creator: Jakobrigtrup. This includes terrain, buildings and commands.
- Playtesting: The Elkia Community
- In the making of the map, Jakobrigtrup used WorldPainter brushes published on PlanetMinecraft by TylerTimoJ.
Please see the credits book in the main lobby for additional credits (external programs and online generators).
A Final Comment:
Thank you for reading through the description of the overhauled version of this map. Jakob's KitPvP is the first map I've ever published, and I'm over the moon about how many people have downloaded and played it. It's been a couple of years since the first installment, but I've always wanted to give it an overhaul - and here it is. I've changed some of the things that I and others weren't so fond of, and I've added a tonne of new features in addition to updating the map to Minecraft version 1.19.3.
Please let me know in the comments or on Reddit (see link above) if you have any feedback or if you've found an unexpected bug! It's greatly appreciated, and I'll do my very best to fix any issues!
Other than that, there's only one thing left to say: Whether you've just stumbled upon this map for the first time, or you've played the original version, I sincerely hope you'll enjoy it! Have fun, and best of luck in the arena!
2023-01-29 - Map Released.
- Bug fix: Properly fixed the feature in the Guide Book that unlocks all kits for all online players. It can now be accessed by any player, not just Operators, and it should now work as intended.
- Bug fix: Players in the lobby are no longer able to equip themselves with the armour items that some kits are represented by in the Favourite Kits hotbar slots.
- Updated the world name and the file name for aesthetic reasons.
- Based on player feedback: Changed the weapon of the Jouster kit from a Trident to an Iron Sword in order to prevent unintended behaviour with the Riptide enchantment.
- Based on player feedback: Buffed the Pirate kit. The Pirate now starts with three golden apples instead of one, making it slightly easier to level up the kit.
- Updated the Sharpshooter ability. It now uses the /damage command from 1.20 instead of applying the instant damage effect, thus finally allowing the Sharpshooter to get kill credit when using its special ability.
- Updated the world version to 1.20.1.