Boneless is a fully voice-acted, narrator puzzle map played from the point of view of a test subject. As a part of the experiment, your bones have been removed and your standard way of movement was revoked. It's up to you now to use your brain and find unique ways to move around. Creativity, logic, and problem-solving are vital when faced with the challenge of being Boneless.
Hello and welcome to our newest research facility. My name is Dr. Osteo, and I'll be guiding you through the experiments you're about to undergo. Your objective is to progress through the course with very limited movement. As a matter of fact, you're the second person ever to be attempting this. What happened to our first subject is... not important. Now then, good luck, and try to stay alive - if possible.
This is a singleplayer only map, meaning it is unfortunately not multiplayer compatible, however, it does support multiple players while spectating, so playing on a server makes the map still function properly.
If you get stuck, feel free to use this walkthrough.
From testing, this map should take you on average 45 - 60 minutes to complete, however, with no prior experience with puzzle maps, it might take longer.
For the best experience, do not use shaders, as most of them make the map unplayable.
If you enjoy this map, please check out my YouTube and Twitter.
- The map now supports 1.17.1
- Fixed an oversight with the ravager room
- Removed the requirement of using an English language and added support for every language
- Tweaked models in the crafting room to look better in third person
- Fixed a lot of inconsistencies between voice acting and subtitles
- Split up big blocks of subtitles to make reading them a bit easier
- Hopefully fixed a mistake displaying a tip when it shouldn't
- Patched two extremely obscure soft-locks
- Updated a name in the credits
Note: It took me two months to finally getting around to fixing these, so unless someone finds a game-breaking glitch I'm probably not changing anything else
- Updated the map to 1.17
- Fixed a soft lock in the lever room
- Added some safety measures to the crafting room
- Changed the list of possible answers to include the singular form of the second riddle
2021-07-03 - Map Released.