Rainvale high is a long horror map with intricate story and eerie environments. It is meant to be a full experience that builds up slowly, but will freak you out tremendously in due time.
It will not only startle you with in-your-face horror but also with psychological aspects such as the story, environments and unique gameplay mechanics that will make you think you're going crazy.
This map was highly inspired by the PSP horror game "Corpse Party". If you liked that, you will probably like this.
THERE IS A WALKTHROUGH IN THE .ZIP FILE FOR THOSE THAT NEED ONE!
Expect the following features:
- Custom textures, sounds and environment (Automatically installed with the map)
- Multiple endings depending on your efforts.
- Unique storyline shown through cutscenes, and optional extended backstory.
- Collectibles, for those that like exploring for rewards.
- Around two hours of playtime.
- FREE goosebumps, even when "nothing" happens.
Expect a map that can take a while if you want to examine everything thorougly and if you want to indulge in the story. The map will take around two hours if you do.
However, for the people less interested in the story it is also possible to disregard most of the backstory and just play on. There are no important hints hidden away in the backstory that are needed to complete the map.
Comments and feedback are appreciated.
Videos will also be appreciated. I enjoy watching them immensely.
Please let me know if you encounter any bugs.
- Fixed 2 (almost insignificant) redstone messaged that didn't play before.
- Updated the signs at the tutorial area for youtubers.
- Included an EXTENSIVE walkthrough this time that encompasses all of the map instead of only some areas.
- Some minor changes to the map to prevent people from escaping the area.
2015-07-18 - Map Released.