The Desert Citadel is a classic CTM (Complete The Monument) map, where the player(s) must collect at least one of each pieces of wools, and place them in their corresponding place on the Victory Monument. By classic, the creator (that's me) means that command blocks are not a viral part of the map. They are used for some fancy stuff only - by which the creator means: mostly traps.
The Desert Citadel is an open world map, the first barrier players will face is finding the islands which the dungeons are located on. The creator (again, that would be me) helps the players in their journey with different clues and waypoints.
The Desert Citadel facilitates custom mobs, loot chests, unique weapons, shields and armor with different attributes, custom terrain, relics, custom spawners, local bosses etc.. The creator thinks that his map is not very difficult (but he's the creator of it, duh).
The Desert Citadel trailer (YouTube)
The rules are pretty generic:
- 1, Play on at least easy difficulty, never peaceful!
- 2, Crafting, mining, building, farming, etc. is allowed. You can basically do whatever you can in a normal world.
- 3, Find wools in chests, the wools for the Victory Monument are enchanted with Curse of the Vanishing (tip: leave some pieces behind).
- 4, You may use elytra wings and firework rockets at any time.
- 5, Don't build a nether portal!
- 6, Don't craft, or move ender chests!
- 7, Don't craft shulker boxes! Found shulker boxes can be used freely.
- 8, Make sure that command blocks are enabled (for the fancy stuff)!
- 9, Clouds should be turned off.
- 10, Don't use mods that make the map easier, visual and utility mods are allowed.
You are free to make videos, let's plays, reviews of the map. If you do so, the creator is grateful for your efforts! Don't forget to give credit by including the name of the map "Desert Citadel" in the description or the title of your video.
Please do not reupload, or upload the Desert Citadel to anywhere else, do not rip-off the map or claim it as yours.
The creator of the genre 'CTM' is Vechs, whose Super Hostile series was the creators main reason to start this project back in 2012.
Good luck and have fun! - david0f (who is also the creator by the way)
If you enjoyed the map, donations are much appropriated!