Important: This map uses an adf.ly link for the download. Just wait 5 seconds and click "Skip Ad" in the top-right corner to proceed to the map's download page. By using this link, you will directly support the map creator.
This map is an Escape-from-your-Prison themed map, where you are sent to the Nether and must escape or die in there.
Difficulty out of 10: 8.2
This is a hybrid map and has about 65% Parkour, 20% Mob Arena and Related, 10% Treasure Hunting, and 5% Puzzle.
X: -194, Y: 4, Z: 77
The way the Scoring (Treasure Hunting) system works is the Number of PUMPKINS you collect. Pumpkins are worth 1 Point, Jack o' Lanterns are worth 3 Points. There is a Maximum of 45 Pumpkins and 10 Jack o' Lanterns in the map. System:
- 70-75 Pumpkins: Stop X-Raying in my map and play it again...
- 60-69 Pumpkins: Wow, you're pretty good at Treasure Hunting.
- 40-59 Pumpkins: On the right track to being a good eye.
- 25-39 Pumpkins: Fair score, although you could've looked harder.
- 10-24 Pumpkins: You need to redo this map because you didn't look hard enough.
- 0-9 Pumpkins: Did you even look at all?
You start out with this Stuff/Gear:
- 2 Sets of Chain Armor (Unbreaking 10, Protection 1)
- Stone Sword (Sharpness 2, Unbreaking 10)
- Bow (Infinity 1, Power 2, Unbreaking 10)
- Knife (Gold Sword with Sharpness 6, Knockback 1)
- Tier 1 Golden Apple
- 8 Steak
- 1 Arrow
- Splash Potion of Fire Resistance (2:15)
At the end of the map there is a Boss Battle, featuring an Armored Skeleton with Potion Effects. He isn't too hard to defeat, although if you get stuck in the cobwebs you can be in trouble by him or his minions.
This is technically a Hardcore Map (If you die you start back in the Spawn Room), as you can't set your spawnpoint in the Nether. (Like sleeping) I gave you a book on how to set your Spawnpoint at the beginning, but it isn't worded the best. So here is a visual on how to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaNZfoqW0LI
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure to keep your Game Difficulty on Normal at all times, because otherwise the Boss Mob will despawn. And if it despawns, you won't have anyway of completing the map, as he drops an item that is essential to exiting the map. (Hoppers)
This is my first map using MCEdit, although very little of it was used. (I only used it for Villager Trades and Boss Battle)
- Note: There is a "Side-Effect" with MCEdit that the Signs will be Blank and Heads will be reset to Skeleton heads. If you find this happening to you, just Relog, as it will fix that glitch.
Things to do after completing:
If you are making a YouTube LetsPlay on this map, please link to this Page, and give me credit for my work, as I worked hard on it. Also, if you want me to see it, post the Video Link in the comments section.
Have a Map Suggestion? Talk to me at [email protected] Also note that following all suggestions will be impossible, so very few suggestions will get published.
Thank you for taking your time to look at this map, so I hope you enjoy it!
2013-06-29 - Map Released.