|After the success of the adventure map RPG "Across The Time", the sequel has been released!
Minecraft’s RPG Adventure Map even wider than the previous one.
- A large RPG Map/PVE, semi-open Solo or Multi (max 5 players).
- Over 30 hours of game time for the main storyline.
- A long main quest with an original story.
- Many cutscenes throughout the adventure.
- A wide world with varied biomes and unusual realm in diverse dimensions.
- Magic spell consuming Dahäl can scale on 10 levels, each based on your improvement and your frequency of using them.
- Many secondary quests to complete, and an elaborate quest tracking system.
- GPS system pointing the player in the right direction of the chosen quest goal.
- Cities and villages spread across the worlds and inhabited by many NPCs with whom you will have to interact with.
- A Role Play always more entertaining thanks to a reputation system according to the responses and actions provided during your adventure.
- Hundreds of achievements to complete, and panoramas to discover for the intrepid travelers.
- Many items (Common, Uncommon, rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythical) to collect.
- A resource pack adapted to the gameplay, with customized items (keys, artifacts, books), new types of weapons (Maces, Knives) and new sounds.
- The original musics composed entirely for the game.
- 3 Level difficulties (Apprentice, Veteran, Master) with a balanced death penalty system.
- Evolution of the player by level "Rising" by gaining experience (Hearts/Dahäl/Skills).
- Skills to unlock (Strength, Resistance, Haste etc...).
- Evolutionary and scalable system of the enemies depending on the level of player.
- Many battles against thousands of Monsters, Elites and Boss.
- Riddles, puzzles and jumping test and event will spice your quest up.
- A checkpoint system if you die and Waypoint to travel more easily.
- Thousands of chests, boxes and secrets to discover.
- A highly developed economy with its own currency « Chronotons » and a secondary one, very rare :« Ecaille Souveraine du Chaos ».
- Many shops (Food, Weapons, Armors, Potions...).
- Weapons or armor recycling easily convertible in Chronotons.
- A bank to deposit your Chronotons.
- An anti-cheat system to drastically reduce the player’ cheat cravings and to ensure the good functioning of the systems and adventure map during this long journey.
Across The Time 2 data, it's about :
+ 12.000.000 m² (total area of the map, all dimensions),
+ 55,000 Words of dialogue
+ 20,000 Functions
+ 5,000 Mobspawner
+ 3,500 Chests
+ 700 Exploits
+ 450 Scoreboards
+ 400 Unique items
+ 350 Checkpoints
+ 350 Customized Sounds
+ 300 Quest Objectives
+ 150 NPCs
+ 50 Normal Levels
+ 50 Master Levels
+ 50 Side Quests
+ 30 Bosses
+ 25 Spells
+ 20 Original Music
Since the events of Across The Time, you have managed to return to your era and a few years have passed. The hero you embodied has resumed to his old habits in the city where he lives: Hill Valley. This town, following the disruptions of the magical source, was able to partly transform it and so, use it as an energy source.
But in this new peaceful life, evil resurfaced. It eats you away since you drank the source of corruption in the Kingdom of Angband in the old days.
This all besides the fact that your heroic acts are completely forgotten in the modern time in which you live, and your new daily habits are driving you completely embittered.
You gradually start losing the control of your mind; nothing seems to have control over this mystical power of the ancient source of corruption.
The person who was the hero of the 7 Worlds seems to have faded and sank into a hellish vortex. You start killing innocents…
This is when a mysterious being appears; the only name that he will give to you is a letter… « S ». A new reason to fight will arise from the threat of this evil energy.
»S » will entrust you with a task, a mission in which you will have to wipe out the heroic life you have spent in Ëarndhel and question the people who helped you in the past.
But this new quest might give you the opportunity of making a name in a new world of the past of Tellurön.
You will have to travel the land of Silberländ in order to get rid of the evil in your mind.
This mission, far less heroic from the one you had to save the 7 worlds can seem much less epic as well. This task won’t be easy and many things will be revealed about you.
You will travel from one region to another, from towns to villages and also through new dimensions. You will not only learn more about yourself but also about the history of the seven kingdoms. Many more surprises to come…
The hero that you were must avoid chaos and oblivion; you were not the chosen one from the 7 World for no reason after all …
Control the magic of the old days « Dahäl » by learning more spells; master the numerous weapons and armors; help the people of Silberländ; collect you own fortune with the local currency « Chronoton » and climb the levels to become even more powerful.
A new epic adventure awaits you in « Across The Time II – Time for Regrets ».
- The map is compatible only with version 1.17 of Minecraft.
- Install and activate the resource pack "Across The Time II - Resource Pack 1.17.zip" before starting to play.
- Stay in Adventure gamemode.
- Render Distance (Chunk vision) Minimum : 12
- The "OptiFine" mod is recommended for playing "Across The Time 2":
1. Download (in 1.17): https://optifine.net/downloads
2. Go to your download folder and open the downloaded file.
3. Click on "Install".
- Solo playable but possibility of cooperative play: 1 to 3 players advised, Maximum 5 players.
- You have to install a server. To do this, many tutorials are available on the internet like this: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Setting_up_a_server
- You must assign yourself the administration of the server by writing this command in the server terminal: /op [playername]
- Do not use plugins with "Spigot", "Bukkit" etc...
- Enable the command block.
level-name=Across The Time II - Time For Regrets (release 2.0.0)
motd=Across The Time II - Time For Regrets (release 2.0.0)
If there is a crash problem when launching Minecraft or freeze when playing the map, you have to allocate enough RAM to your Minecraft game.
- Recommanded required (1 player): 4Go.
- Recommanded required (3 players): 5Go.
- Recommanded required (5 players): 6Go.
To increase RAM:
1. Launch the « Minecraft » launcher and go to the « Configurations » tab.
2. Select the profile on which you want to increase the RAM allocated to Minecraft.
3. Click on « More options » located at the bottom right of the screen.
4. Change the text in the JVM ARGUMENTS section « -Xmx2G » to « -Xmx4G », so you will increase the allocated RAM from 2Go to 4Go.
5. Click on « Save ».
Across The Time 2 is just like the previous one : a RPG Adventure style map PVE with a multiplayer mode: from 1 to 5 players.
You will need to complete a very long journey through a main quest, across a huge semi-open world.
Many quests and challenges await you on the road as well as a lot of battles against monsters.
As in any other RPG you will be allowed to choose your skill and select your answers on some dialogue. In order to improve your abilities and evolve, you will have an evolution system based on your level and a highly developed economy to help you progress.
Also hundreds of items (partly customized by texture pack) are included in the map. They can be available in shops or to collect in the monsters’ loots you kill.A magic system of leveling and power was created for the map, and many things, which will be introduced later on.
Your path will be full of pitfalls and the monsters you meet will always be more powerful than the previous. Normal Mobs like the elites will have a level system according to the player’s power. Like that, improvement and progression will sound even more attractive.
Many customized bosses will stand in your way. You will have to fight using all your strength … but also cunning, to beat them.In open areas, monsters will reappear to enable the players to farm and increase their power.To fight these dark forces, you can use multiple fighting styles: Distance (Arc), CAC (Sword, Axe, Mace…) and Magic (out of attack or assistance).
The power of monsters relative to the player's level will be indicated by a symbol above the monster's head.
The player will have the ability to increase the power thanks to the experience, chests or quest rewards.A leveling system appears in Across the Time 2 called "Rising". It will allow to define the power of the player compared to the monsters.
Each of these levels you'll win:
- Additional Hearts,
- Dahäl max,
- Skill points.
Sharing of Heart and Dahäl will be done automatically but Skill Points may be spent in different categories at the Weapon Master.
The maximum level that can be reached by the player is set to "50".
But we have not neglected the end-game because after this maximum level, additional ranks called "MASTER" can still be won.
So the player can continue to evolve and increase in power even after completing the main quest.During your adventure, you must travel through a very large area, and you will also meet many NPCs.Besides your long main quest you will have access to additional content to improve your experience. Through side quests you can discover plenty of other areas and awards.
Nevertheless, you can rest assured: monitoring book quests will help you to exactly where you need to go to your main quest and so know where you are in the other side missions, all in a single click.
You will need just to press an icon and each of the quests will be specified in a list in the chat. Then, you will be able to know what the hero must done, what he has completed and what he must be found by clicking on the name of the quest.
Screenshot below to illustrate this system.
Curiosity will be rewarded, don’t be afraid to adventure… many surprises await you!
The GPS system is a system very effective. It's work on the principle of triangulations coordinates. Here we serve only a plan in 2 Dimensions (X, Z), it's all that matters because if the player is lost will know the azimut and find the goal he seeks. The height will no longer be a problem after.
The choice of the objective (primary or secondary) will therefore be possible thanks to the help book quests. It will be enough so that the lost player activates the system by a simple click in this help book quest he will then choose in the chat. An arrow will appear directly above his head indicating the precise direction view of the goal. In order to evaluate the distance between the player and the objective, the arrows will have 8 different colours. The red will mean that the player is still far from the goal, then when he comes near it will turn to orange, then yellow to finish by shades of green.In order to increase your will of traveling to faraway places, the Exploits system resurfaced.On top of side quests, you will have challenges to achieve along the adventure; you will earn XP and money as you complete them.
During your adventure in Across The Time 2 you will be accompanied by more than secondary objectives whose display is directly linked to the game in the menu.
This will allow you not only to have extra rewards but also to be able to follow your progress of the story very easily, and for those who aim to complete everything and unlock secrets they will have the availability to complete many groups of advancements (adventure, travel , history, fights, etc...).
In addition a new system of Exploit was realized: the Panorama. You can be an explorer and discover all the places and beautiful views of the area.
Through the side quests you will talk to people, conversations during which you will have several choices to make.
Those choices will have an influence on the reactions and the awards you can get. A reputation’s counter will constantly calculate: if you do good you will be rewarded in a very distinctive way than is you do absolute evil around you.
The gameplay will be greatly diversified according the choices that the player will make in his evolution.
As in any RPG, the player will evolve by cap of level, and in Across The Time 2 the player will gain points of skills that can be spent in several attributs as you can see in the following picture :
– « STR » Physical strength and the damage he will do with the hand weapons and arcs.
– « RES » The resistance to the physical damage of enemies.
– « HAS » The strike rate of CaC weapons and not ranged weapons.
– « SPD » The movement speed.
– « HER » Health generation.
– « DAR » The rate of Dahäl regeneration points.
– « LUC » The ability to find rarer magic items.
– « HUN » The saturation of the player’s hunger bar.
Obviously this won’t be free, in order to unlock abilities you will hate to spend your experience points.
The player can choose different difficulties: "Apprentice", "Veteran", "Master".
In order to stop the player from foolishly running into traps or in a room full of monsters, it will always be sanctioned by a death penalty. But although this penalty is adjustable according to the difficulty, a checkpoint system will always save the last position.
The price of death will be calculated by a percentage of Chronotons according to the chosen difficulty. If you play in a great difficulty you may lose experience.
If you die, your body will reappear on the last checkpoint you checked. You must not forget to validate them since most of them won’t be automatic.
Although horses will be available, Waypoints will be very useful to get from one point to another in an instant.They will be available in each strategic region of the map. In order to use them you will have to find them first and unlock their ability to teleport.
In the kingdom of Sylberländ you will find multitude of items of all kinds and especially some to kit you out to fight evil :
Weapons (swords, knives, maces, axes) Armor of all materials (leather, gold, iron, diamonds) and shield.Different classes of items will also be available: some in abundance and some other on very rare occasions.
Common (Items with malus)
Quests (Items for quests)Uncommon (Items with bonus)
Rare (Items with enchant and bonus)Epic (Items Powerful items)Legendary (Items very powerful)
Mythical (Customize items with unique effects)Some items will be customized thanks to the textures pack, for example the Epic currency « Ecaille Souveraine du Chaos ».
In addition to the enderchest, we created a system of portable-chest like bags that you can summon whenever you like (for example in a dungeon) thanks to the Dahäl.Magic spell is based on the incantations with books which is practical thanks to the Dahäl incantation’s tool.This new item makes it easier to cast the spell, as you can see on the video.
Each spell will be available in Magic Book and may improve according to how many times you used them.At the beginning the spells that were not used yet will not have much impact, but gradually as the player uses a magic spell, its power will increase. Moreover some spells will see their visual effect change as they evolve.When a spell passes a level you will need to check it at the Master of Dahäl’s place.
There are 10 levels by spell book, and there will be more than 25 spells in Across The Time 2.
Always important in an RPG-like game is the economy and in particular the currency, here still called « Chronoton » as in Across The Time first named.It will be used mainly to buy many items in stores that will serve you in your adventure.
Monsters will drop some coins whose number will vary according to their difficulty, and you will have to complete missions or sell the loot from a specialist dealer to gain Chronotons
But although Chronotons will be useful, it will not neglect another currency that reappeared in Across The Time 2 « Ecailles Souveraines du Chaos » (or in english « Scale the Sovereign Chaos »). This currency is a very rare and legendary item, you can purchase powerful epic items in a store planned for this purpose.
During your journey you will find several towns populated by NPCs including traders who are willing to do business with you.Each of the towns or villages will have all kinds of shops who you can buy various items with your Chronotons :
– Blacksmith (weapons and armor)
– Grocery (various Food)
– Alchemist (Potion)
– Enchantress (Clothes of Dahäl)
– Woodcutter (coal)
– Stable (Horses)
– Clandestine Market (Sovereign Object)
– Master of Dahäl (Books of Spells)You can also spend some Chronotons to the hostel from the main town to rest and recover quickly all your life.
A bank will be set up in several cities in order to protect your money in case of death. Indeed when you die you lose a percentage of Chronotons you have on you.Deposit your money in the bank and during your adventure you will protect your gains.
A very satisfying way to immerse yourself in Minecraft adventure is the resource pack, because it allows you to have available to numerous customization.
Especially, add the customized items such as new weapons (knives, masses, legendary weapons), various objects specially modify for this adventure (Sovereign Scale Chaos keys, quest Object).
Also, the resource-pack allows another presentation of the inventory, including many customs sounds.
Of course not to mention a soundtrack with new original music composed for the map entirely.
Here 2 pieces of the original soundtrack composed for the map (click to listen) :
Finally, as you understand, Across The Time is not a simple map Minecraft. It's a Universe, a Story in its own right! Thundesrtruck who created and writes the story continues to flesh it out day by day. In the map you will find many texts, but many are very long and will be for some diffused on our Internet site.
Other stories of Thundesrtruck are in development and will surely be novels to be unveiled apart from the game in books.
We have already shared a new Lore on our Adventquest site in English:
- The Hunter Of Worlds
The construction of this huge map requires much time, resources and technique to build, terraform, or create commands blocks systems and now in functions.That’s why we use a few plugins and software to help us in this difficult task.To develop and encode in Minecraft functions we use VisualStudio.
We had a private server in Minecraft 1.17 to work together on the map and using Spigot we guarantee the support of all our favorite plugins such as World Edit and VoxelSniper.
We also use MCedit and NBTedit to help us change some technical and internal aspects of the map.
For rendering pictures, we use primarily the shaders Sildurs Vibrant directly into play and we will also use the software Chunky to make larger photos of the map.
Trailers videos are created with iMovie and the music is composed with Logic Pro X on Mac.
Regarding the resource pack we use the paint.NET software for 2D textures and BDcraftCubik Pro or BlockBench for 3D.
Thank you for playing.
During this summer, we still made many tests in order to detect further points to improve for the map.
Two months after the release of the biggest update in 1.17, we are therefore making another update, less substantial in content but which involves some changes and many balances or fixes.
It will be, in a way, an update for die-hard collectors.
Indeed, this new version 2.1.0 brings a whole new functionality: the random sale of items at merchants.
All these items (Armor, Weapons, Potions) can be purchased from blacksmiths or alchemists.
But also, we are bringing a new category of Exploits called "Collection". This category will be consistent because it will list all the items in the game that can be looted or purchased (except "Sovereign" items).
With this update we have also optimized the "Datapack" so that the map requires less RAM to run.
Also, we did some balancing of the difficulty of certain bosses, the price of certain items and the loot table. We also fixed many exploits as well as the entire French dialogues.
Regarding the many other details of balances and fixes, we advise you to read the patch note below :
This update is playable with version 1.17.1 of Minecraft.
Additions and Improvements:
- The "Datapack" has been optimized, and the map or server now use less RAM to operate.
- Added a new random "purchase system" for merchants (Armor, Weapons, Potions) which re-initializes every 30 minutes. All items and all rarities can be offered (depending on the seller).
- NPC "Vulk" now sells "Billgart" items after completing his side quest, and NPC "Emera Palundra" now sells bows and crossbows.
- A new category of "Exploits" named "Collection" has been added. This contains the list of all the items of the game that can be found in a loot table (this therefore excludes "Sovereign" items).
- More than 20 new "Exploits" concerning skills have been added including new "Exploits" concerning obsidian armor, arrows and Asunark turquoise stone.
- Some wall weapon racks have been added in Ryliath Hero's House.
- The effect of the mythical weapon "Ultima" has been improved.
- The "Creeper" and "Skeletons" have a new texture.
- On the black market the purchase price of high rarity items has been increased a lot.
- The drop rate of arrows from enemies and chests has been reduced.
- The potions drop rate has been further reduced on entities (the LUCK effect no longer affects entities at all).
- The selling price of potions has been further adjusted.
- The purchase price of "Ecailles Souveraines du Chaos" against Chronotons, after the end of the main quest, has been halved from 250 to 125.
- The drop rate of "Ecailles Souveraines du Chaos" has been slightly reduced.
- The size and movement speed of "Slimes" have been reduced.
- The repair rate of weapons and armor has been increased overall and balanced according to the category of the item. Also epic and legendary set armor can now be repaired.
- The price of repairing legendary items has been increased from 500 to 750 Chronotons.
- The price of the "Thunder" spell has been increased.
- The "Bastion" shield for sale against "Ecailles Souveraines du Chaos" at the NPC "Sirna Kho" has been changed from 5 to 10.
- The purchase of the last 2 upgrades of the spell "Stock" is now unlocked for all players.
- The bet at 2500 Chronotons with the NPC "Charles" has more chances to offer better items.
- Gold weapons are no longer automatically repaired by a multiplicative relative to the number of players connected.
- The higher level of "Stock" spell as well as the purchase of the additional level against Chronotons are unlocked earlier in the game.
- The skill effects of some weapons and armor have been adjusted as well as the power of the effects of throwing potions has been slightly increased.
- The durability of netherite weapons has been reduced a bit.
- The difficulty has been slightly increased in "Master" and "Nightmare" for the bosses "Geström" and "Elevator".
- Players are now teleported out of the arena if all golems die during the "Elevator" boss.
- The "Somniophage" boss can now be repeatedly killed. In addition to the victory of the boss, items falling to infinity are teleported to the center of the arena.
- The boss "François" absorbs more health when he is close to the player but the time of this phase has been reduced and the players are also teleported down if they stay high.
- The difficulty of the bosses "Subjects", "Scavenger" and "Kum" has been slightly increased.
- The power of the "Thunder" spell has been increased again over the last 3 levels.
- The number of uses required to reach the max level of the spell "Power Ray" and "Thunder" has been slightly increased.
- The particle count of the "Swarm of Arrows" spell has been reduced.
- The number of Chronotons lost with each death in "Master" difficulty goes to 10% and in "Nightmare" difficulty goes to 50% as well as the XP penalty goes to 5 bars.
- The number of hits needed to unlock the last "Exploit" in the "Weapon" category has been reduced depending on the type of weapon.
- Other "Exploits" such as the number of potions thrown or drunk, and the number of items purchased in stores have been reduced
- The total number of "Exploits" has been adjusted and now stands at 8693 points.
- In Ouranos, it is no longer possible for items to duplicate from chests cast with the "Stock" spell.
- In the "Nightmare" difficulty, it is now impossible to no longer lose Chronotons by dying according to certain situations.
- The skill effects of all equipment sets are now active on the player if fully equipped. The "Exploits" of the sets concerned are also unlocked.
- Skill effects of equipment from the "Otaurian" set found on armor racks now work.
- "Creepers" no longer do ground effects when they explode.
- The level 7 of the spell "Tiid Klu Ui" is no longer validated directly after passing level 6.
- The "Barbarian" NPC behaves normally again in front of the "Jarat" camp.
- The NPCs "Gregor Gacko", "Tyrgols Gacko" and "Alphonse" are now susceptible to destruction magic if they become hostile.
- The player is no longer blocked in front of a guard in "Kortaek" if he meets the village chief beforehand.
- The continuation of the main quest in Billgart's Dimension normally triggers when the player quickly passes through the portal.
- The mythical weapons "Lost Past" and "War Lord" again have their descriptions under their name.
- The mythical weapon "Kinuil" can now have an increased chance of being dropped as a reward for the boss "UmbraTyanth".
- The "Medic" exploit has been changed and now triggers normally.
- The floor of the boss "Etotsira" arena is once again bright.
- The boss "Etotsira" charges the other players if a first dies.
- When the player first meets the boss "Miehanov" there is no longer a double summon of minions.
- Armor can no longer be stolen from the "Hill Valley" museum.
- The armor stand in the hero's houses can no longer be broken.
- Ouranos boss names and descriptions are now displayed when entering the arena for the first time.
- The unique Mythical Axe "Kinuil" skin is now visible.
- The security system preventing the player from using the power of the fireball to make very high jumps has been re-activated.
- The "Enchant" particles display the alphabet in "Finirion" (the language of the ancient Gods).
- The percentage of completion of the map is no longer multiplied by the number of players on the map.
- Some display bugs of NPC names, symbols in the "Consciousness" book and spell particles have been fixed.
- Blocks have been added or removed in some places to prevent the player from getting stuck or going into prohibited areas.
- All French dialogues have been reread and corrected.