In this adventure map, you play as Ethan Odell, an ordinary office worker whose life is turned upside down when he finds that his house has caught on fire. Seek to uncover the truth behind this tragedy as you experience Minecraft in a whole new way. This unique map is played in a 2.5D style, where you move Ethan around the scene and interact with characters and objects. For more details, use the Tutorial inside the map at the starting area.
- This map is Single-Player only, and will not work correctly with multiple players.
- There is a Walkthrough file in the Info folder.
- If your character gets stuck in a scene and unable to exit to another area, return to the starting area by removing the diamond boots from your feet, then press the Start button again.
- For those who wish to understand the character control mechanism, there is a zip file in the Info folder that contains a small concept world with the basic commands necessary to control a character.
For more smpmike23 maps, donations, or to contact the author, visit the website link above. And if you find any bugs in the map, please comment them below or contact smpmike23 through the website link above. Thank you!
- This map was created for Minecraft version 1.9 and will not work with earlier versions, and may not work with future versions.
- Options...Video Settings...Render Distance must be at least 4 chunks, but it is recommended to set it to at least 8.
- Options...FOV must be at least Normal. Smaller displays need a larger FOV for this map.
- Mouse movement is not allowed when you are not in the starting area. If this becomes an issue, turn the mouse sensitivity all the way down in Options...Controls...Sensitivity.
- If you experience lag, try turning off Smooth Lighting and setting Graphics to Fast in Options...Video Settings.
- Please do NOT craft items in your inventory, as you will lose the important items that you need to complete the map.
If you are unable to defeat an enemy, which is causing you to not progress through the map, type the code below in your chat box (press T by default to open the chat box) when you reach the scene with the enemy: /scoreboard players set @e[name=Progress] targetHealth 0
Fixed a point in the map that caused the character to fall through the floor at the Burial Tomb scene.
Stuck? Download the Map Walkthrough (It's also included in the map folder).