This map is hosted on MediaFire.com. You will be redirected to there after clicking the Download Map button above.
"The Last Hope: The Lightbringer" is not just a Minecraft map but an entire puzzle game created in Minecraft.
With more than 70 levels, an own, custom composed soundtrack, tons of new and innovative gameplay mechanics, custom textures and models and a mysterious storyline it is clearly the biggest Minecraft puzzle platformer ever made.
Watch the Trailer
The main gameplay feature of this map is that you are able to separate your soul and the body. Then you can switch the control from the one entity to the other. You can also throw the soul in the direction you are looking at using the "splitter". Based on this principle new elements will be introduced:
- Scanners can only be activated by the soul
- Pressure plates can only be triggered by the body
- Fusioners pull the soul back to the body and fusion them
- Desplitters block your split options
- Resplitters give you the split option back
- Hologramm blocks are not real: The body can walk through them but the soul is blocked by them or can use them as a platform
- Soul fragments can be placed on scanners to activate them for a short time until they explode
- Peccators are enemies that can trap your soul
- Moving platforms can transport the body, but not the soul
- Many more mechanisms that just will not be spoiled here
During your journey through 6 chapters you will also collect more than 50 secret texts that help you discover the secret plot beyond the main storyline. There are two different story endings, a bonus world and several bonus puzzles that can be unlocked.
- This map can ONLY be played in Minecraft version 1.12.1 and 1.12.2
- NEWER or OLDER versions like 1.11.2 or 1.13.1 will not work and you have to reinstall the map if you opened it with these versions
- Singleplayer only
- Optifine is recommended. If you choose to use it, remember to turn off the “connected textures” (there is a small guide in the actual map that tells you where you can find this option)
- Shaders may not work correctly for a few levels
- Do not use a forge version (some forge versions block custom textures or destroy important objects of the map)
- The resourcepack with the soundtrack is already included in the map
- It takes about 4-5 hours to complete the map with the first ending (without collecting any secrets)
- It takes about 15-16 hours to get 100% in the map (both endings, all collectables and bonus puzzles)
- It took the entire team about 400 hours to create this map
- This map is the sequel to my other map “The Shadowmaker”, but has completely different gameplay mechanics and can be played without having played the first map
- This map has its own soundtrack which was composed by SpielmitStil. If you like it, you can buy the complete album or single songs of it here.
- The music from the soundtrack can be used in Youtube videos without having to credit the artist (Unless you want to)
- If you really do not have any clue on a puzzle, you can watch this walkthrough (It is an almost 100% walkthrough with timestamps, but there might be spoilers on the story)
- If you like the map and appreciate the work behind this huge puzzle game, please consider supporting SpielmitStil here.
- Please share this map with friends or Youtubers if you like it!
- Main Creator (Idea, Mechanic, Story, Voice Acting, Music, Leveldesign, Coordination): SpielmitStil (Website)
- Textures/Models: Naddel, Zaliku, Hallo89, Mondanzo
- Playtesters: Wolfdale, MrEpicPug, merosario731, Kaenganxt, Skorp, Instance, TheRedstoneer, Pixotec, Shade
(You do not have to paste these credits in the description of your Youtube video, unless you want to)
I hope that you enjoy playing the map. If you do, please make sure to share this map! It was really a lot of work and it is also the biggest map that I have made so far, so it would be nice if the map gets a little more popular. If you are doing a commented playthrough of the map, feel free to post a link to the video in the comments section below here. I am really looking forward to them! That’s all, have fun!
Did you like this map? Here are some other maps by SpielmitStil: