Terra Restore 2 is a massive new 1.9 map in a new type of sub-genre, an adventure/CTM hybrid styled map. The map mixes the best elements of an adventure map along with a CTM map into a truly unique and awesome experience. You will travel the lands of Nira with your friend Exiel (an enderman) as you try to help restore the land and bring peace to it once more among the three types of species - humans, animals, and monsters. The map mostly has you in survival mode to give you freedom on how you want to do things, however it also at times throws you into adventure mode to do various challenges and other things that you can't properly do in survival mode.
This map is being released in "episodes", with each new episode containing another section of the story along with a few dungeon areas. The map is very polished and all areas currently in it are practically complete. Currently the 3rd episode is out which contains all current 9/16 dungeon areas. I release save file worlds with each new release so you don't lose progress and so you don't have to start again from the beginning.
Save file world (first 4 areas complete)
Save file world (first 7 areas complete)
If you want a map that breaks the mold of traditional maps and uses command blocks to a great degree to create awesome unique experiences then this is the map for you!
Forum page for my maps.
Please feel free to leave any feedback, suggestions, questions, issues, and bug reports that you have with the map! The more I get, the more I can improve the map to become one of the best maps of all time!
Length: Roughly 11-14 hours of gameplay currently
Difficulty: Has multiple difficulty modes. Starts off fairly easy in the first couple of areas.
Players: 1-4 supported
Minecraft Version: 1.9
- Story - Fantasy setting with character development and animated cut scenes. The setting involves the 3 groups - humans, monsters, and animals trying to strive for equality and peace even though they are very different from each other. Some monsters don't like such an idea so unfortunately some conflict starts to arise. You travel through the world, called Nira, with your friend "Exiel" an enderman. Cut scenes can be skipped if you're not interested in story.
- Boss fights and events - Each dungeon area either ends in a boss fight or an event. The boss fights contain powerful monsters which have extra abilities powered by command blocks, they also have multiple difficulties and are not easily abused/cheesed. The events throw an objective at you that you must complete such as defend a skeleton or survive for 3 minutes. All boss fights and events set you into adventure mode and fully reset if you die.
- Restoration - You will find a terra restore (wool block) at the end of each dungeon. On placing terra restores on the monument you will slowly start to restore the land around the area back to life. NPCs will start to pop up and fill the areas.
- Base upgrades - In addition to restoration, you can also upgrade your base with several things such as a disco dance floor, enchantment tower, kitchen, and more! Each of which has it's own practical use.
- Challenges - Roughly mid way through each dungeon there will be a challenge area. The goal of each challenge area is simply to get to the chest at the end. Challenges like bosses/events set you into adventure mode and can contain some slight parkour, puzzles, time elements and the likes.
- Music - Every area in the map has a song attached to it and so do the bosses. The music will help you immerse yourself even more into the map.
- Minigames - Every town area has at least one minigame in it. If you manage to complete them then you will gain a cool prize!
- Towns - Towns contain NPCs, inns, shops, and more. Hostile monsters don't spawn while in such areas so they are pretty safe. Towns serve as intersections for dungeon areas and are linked to the overworld.
- Essence currency system - Each monster you kill gives you essence. Essence can be used to purchase upgrades for your base, buy items from shops, and more!
- Overworld and horses - The overworld connects all the towns and areas together. To help you travel through out the overworld you get access to some horses. Even though the map contains an overworld, later on areas can't be accessed until you beat previous ones.
- Keep inventory - You don't lose your items if you die, instead you lose some of your essence and all of your levels.
- Rare gear - The gear in the map is often unbreakable and tricky to find. On leaving a dungeon area you are told how many of said items you have found and how many are in the area.
- Custom ability monsters - The farther you get into the map, the more monsters you will run into which have more abilities than normal.
- Player upgrades - Later on in the map you will start to unlock ways to upgrade your character with more strength, speed, regeneration, and health.
- Uniqueness - This map is very unique in comparison to any other map out there currently. I constantly strive to innovate in the map and show you all what Minecraft is capable of. As such the map is both in 1.9 and uses command blocks to a great degree. It will have you constantly wondering what is next!
- Multiplayer scaling - Some parts of the map scale very slightly with the amount of players present.
- Inspiration - The map has been heavily inspired by games such as Legend of Zelda, World of Warcraft, and Dark Cloud!
- And much more...
Here are a bunch of small short teaser videos if you're interested even more:
2016-03-02 - Map Released.