Three normal residents of deep underground hidden civilizations... chased away, all at once, by unknown darkness. All took the one-way route out of the pit of despair, with no way to return... until, 6 months after the discovery of Ruby Caverns, another dungeon was found.
The news from the first Dungeon spread quickly after the three heroes left the caves, unharmed. Everyone knew the God was freed... but where did he go? Where were the other two? No sign of progress was made, until a miner stumbled upon an entrance to an underground garden, fell in, and died... but somehow ended back up.
The second Dungeon was found, at last. But, nobody dared to get in. The Medal, granting one wish, would be down there, and after some investigation with the Magic that had been restored, portals leading to places all over the globe were deep down in there too. But why would anyone dare its life to get to that? Well, anyone but the three fled residents... they had no choice.
They gathered at the entrance, hidden from the rest of the world. They needed to go in, reach the portals, and defeat their past... but this dungeon wasn't the same as the other one.
Emerald Chambers is unlike every map you've ever seen. Every map claiming to be a roguelike isn't: this is. A ruthless dungeon crawler, with death around every corner. Countless item combinations, strategies, and generations. And because of the turn-based and information-rich aspects, there is nobody to blame except yourself.
The second installment in my dungeon series, this map makes you forget everything about all dungeons in the game, ever. As the world's first True Minecraft Roguelike, it has all the content you'd expect: monsters, floors and bosses to beat; casts, potions and scrolls to identify; tools, abilities and resources to master. There are many ways to play, and rushing through carelessly is only one! But don't lose yourself in the options: the monsters are strong and the bosses are smart.
- Turn-based gameplay! Infinite time to overthink all your decisions, but the options are much harder.
- Randomized items! Also, random color codes!
- Permadeath has been extended: no more bonuses can be earned by simply playing a lot!
- More enemies, bosses, floors, items... yeah, just more everything.
- More things to interact with like statues, wells, cutters...
- Much more info! You can now check health, levels, enemies, status and all that, any time you want!
- Expanded lore, both about the universe and the dungeon.
- Again, a secret ending! Do everything to find it...
- No more multiplayer! It is still supported, but only one player can be playing.
- The map is fairly heavy! Because of the turn-based nature it's still playable, but good computers or servers will have a better time.
- You don't have to have completed or even played Ruby Caverns. The story continues, but the characters and settings are different.
- There is no linear progression! Don't expect anything to change; in fact, you can re-install the map and it wouldn't matter.
- Models are used, which may cause OptiFine and other mods to misbehave. Recommended is to turn all mods off.
- 1.14 only! Past and future versions will not work!
- The map is still being, uh, "tested", so any bugs may exist. Please notify them!
- Some new stuff to get your head in.
- Bows, crossbows, and tridents to attack from afar
- Six new Utilities to mess around with
- Ten new Tools to use... or not
- More books, more secrets, more... mimics?
- And, naturally, a ton of bugfixing!
Fixed the spawn because Minecraft hates me when I refuse to use its useless engine.
Contact on Twitter