This is a Player vs Player map with a remarkable twist – you will never directly battle the enemy team. Instead – you get to set traps, switching between two identical arenas while gathering up resources and avoiding enemy traps! My biggest project by far to date and featuring arenas made by slicedlime, Maloma, minerfreak951 and _Alex2001_!
Watch the map trailer, an in-depth explanation for how to play Entrapment or an example game.
There are two identical arenas - one for each team. Rush out, get the chest and build your traps... but keep an eye on the countdown. When the timer reaches 0, the teams will switch places.
At the start of each round you'll spawn in a spawn area. This is a safe space - nothing can hurt you in here... but you have to leave before the end of the round. Any coward still inside this chamber with 5 seconds left of the round will take wither damage - one heart of damage per second - up to 5 hearts of damage if you can't get out! No blocks or mobs can be placed inside the spawn zone, and no lava is allowed within 3 blocks from the entrance.
Each round a chest will spawn somewhere in the arena. It's lit up with a particle beam to indicate that there is still loot to be found inside. The contents is a random selection of trap-making material, and it's the same for both teams.
Be careful - the game is played without health regeneration, so every bit of damage counts! It is impossible to hit the other team directly with arrows from the top of the arena, and any attempts at leaving the arena will be punished.
The winning team is the one that stays alive when all members of the opposing team have perished.
The lobby also features as an art gallery, featuring paintings made by my late mother. She was an artist who left us far too early due to cancer, and this map is dedicated to her.
If you play this map in a video or stream, please provide a link to your viewers to this page or to the trailer video.
Separate Resource Pack For Servers
If you want to run the map on a server, point the resource pack line in the config to this address:
- Fixed bug that could rarely cause the map to create too many entities, causing servers to lag or crash.
- Fixed duplicate message on game start.
- Fixed spectator confinement sometimes teleporting players to the wrong team's arena.
- Added back the Abandoned Castle arena.
- New loot chests have been added.
- New arenas have been added.
- The Abandoned Castle arena has been removed (will return in a future version).
- Lobby has been rebuilt.
- Win count is now displayed under player name and in the tab list while in the lobby.
- The tutorial can now be cancelled.
- The ready check actions are now more clear to players.
- Safe time / danger time can now be controlled from the control panel.
- Safe time countdown is now shown in the sidebar.
- Current round is now shown in the action bar.
- Friendly fire can now be controlled from the control panel.
- Spectator restrictions can now be controlled from the control panel.
- Danger time now uses the world border instead of wither effects
- Leaving the arena now produces a warning message before damage is applied.
- Many bugs fixed.