Important: Downloading maps using the adf.ly link will directly support the map creator. Just wait 5 seconds and click "Skip Ad" in the top-right corner to proceed to the map download page.
Note: The main download above is for the map on its own.
> Download Map + Resource Pack here < (167 MB)
> Download Resource Pack only here < (105 MB)
ESCAPE of the MIND is an atmospheric puzzle map meant for singleplayer. Now updated for Minecraft 1.8!
It combines puzzle, adventure, parkour and exploration elements in a vast, open world. It also boasts a modular design, meaning I randomly update the map with new content, and the map comes with a feature that allows you to pick up where you left off, with these new additions.
For example, bug fixes, new areas/items, npcs, etc.
The map itself is currently six times the size of the original map, with even more so if you consider other content.
- 70 new scavenger items.
- New rare items, equipments.
- 6 new shops with currency, exchange systems.
- Multiple new areas.
- Sign fixes, edits for vagueness, game rules, save points, lore additions.
- This game is meant for singleplayer and works most optimally this way. Will function ok in SMP.
- Enable Command Blocks if using a server.
- Do not break any blocks.
- Play on Peaceful mode and 4 chunks render distance, 3 for a more difficult experience (recommended: headphones, dark room, moody lighting, resource pack enabled, max particles, max smoothing) Do not play with super high render distance or be prepared for bugs.
- No mods are allowed besides minimap mods.
Also available is an optional resource pack featuring gloomy textures similar to vanilla, and a soundtrack of ambient and atmospheric music (including a song by yours truly!
Check out the forum page for more info, changelists, LPs and more.
The original map (Released back in 2012!) for Minecraft 1.2.5 can be downloaded here.