This map only works in Minecraft 1.12.2.
"It's a new mission that begins for Samus Aran!"
So you like Metroid? You're in the right place!
Today, I'll present you a map I made back in 2017, that was originally in French, but got entirely remade in English for the 1.12.2 version of Minecraft, with the use of functions.
(No mods required, it's pure Vanilla)
The map takes approximately 1h30 to 2 hours to complete. Add an hour to 100% it.
Eliminate your enemies through 7 different levels while upgrading your equipment to make you stronger against dangerous foes
[This map is only playable in Singleplayer. Multiplayer is sadly not supported at all]
You are Samus Aran, the legendary bounty hunter. You have no more missions to accomplish, but you notice a strange planet, that seems to be a temporal rift itself. Upon trying to land on it, the temporal rift transports you into an unknown area, that links 7 different areas from your past.
- You will face numerous enemies throughout all 7 levels to gain Credits, which will be used to buy Suits, Beams, Energy Tanks as well as Support Items.
- Chests and Metal Crates are scattered all around the map, in each level. Some chests are only accessible with a proper suit (Like the gravity suit to access a chest inside lava)
- There are 4 beams for your arm cannon to your disposal
Power Beam : Selected by default
Wave Beam : Effective against robots. Deals continuous damage
Ice Beam : Effective against fire-based enemies. Slows down enemies
Plasma Beam : Effective against ice-based enemies. Deals continuous damage
You can also charge your beams to unleash a powerful blast (Watch out, it can backfire)
- Cutscenes are making a come back. They appear during major events. They also adapt to your current equipment. For example, if you wear the Varia Suit, Samus will have the Varia Suit during cutscenes.
- There are 3 bosses. Each Boss is unique, and have their own pattern. Learn them!
I hope you'll have a good time playing my map!
And don't hesitate to comment here or on my YouTube channel! I always reply :3
- New secret Beam added: The Phazon Beam, a tremendously powerful beam which, unlike other beams,
cannot be charged because of how unstable and powerful it is. Only obtainable after having defeated the Final Boss.
- The player would start the map with the Plasma Beam instead of the Power Beam.
- In the first level, the level would not entirely reset if the player plays the level twice or more
- The hitbox on one of the attacks of the second Boss was way too large, thus depleting the player's health really quickly
- A glitch could be performed which would result in loosing important items
- If you happened to die during the first Boss fight, all metal crates would become invincible to normal shots
until you defeat the Boss due to the systems of the boss still active.
- Some items and texts were STILL not translated
- If you're low on health during one of the cutscenes, the "low-health beep" would still be there and could be annoying
- The advancements were useless but were still showing on screen after picking up items
- The Final Boss would continue to run its course even after dying
- Support Items were kinda useless for their price. They are now enhanced
- The gravity suit did not seem to work properly while in water
- Added some more reliable items in chests
- *Couldn't fix one rare bug that happens during the second phase of the second Boss that would teleport players away in another level...
- Some texts were still in French
- The instructions at the beginning are now more easy to read
- Some instructions are now shown during gameplay to help the player learn more about the mechanics
- The Debug Paper would not fix the beam selector if it happened to not work
2019-06-22 - Map Released.