The year is 187IE, and the continent of Vaeltaja has gone silent. Nothing has left the continent. The overseas empire of Iustia sent a division of their army to investigate, but no-one has been heard from since. The continent was labelled un-safe for all travel, and a blockade was established to keep people out... or something else in. Unfortunately, you've been having dreams. Dreams urging you to make the journey across that wretched ocean and seek the truth yourself - and that's exactly what you did. Armed with nothing but what you could load onto a small boat, you set sail for the forbidden continent. However a monstrous storm hit, and your ship was capsized. Everything went black... and then, you awoke.
JOLHAIM is an Open World RPG based on dungeon crawling, looting everything and learning about the fateful continent's past. With the exception of a brief tutorial, the player is free to do whatever they please, so long as they are armed well enough to fight anyone who would dare to oppose them. You are completely free to explore, to learn, and to fight anything you believe you are ready for. The less I say other than that, the better. Download today, and experience Jolhaim for yourself!
Where to Support the Dev!
"JOLHAIM: An Open World RPG" is the property of The Revenant, and is protected under copywrite law. It may NOT be altered, re-uploaded without direct permission from The Revenant. I repeat, DO NOT RE-UPLOAD THIS MAP TO ANY OTHER MAP WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE AT ALL.
This map has been in development since March of 2019. Even now, it is in an alpha state and is nowhere near finished. the work I have put into this has been immense. It is free for all in the community and will remain that way. Due to this, I ask those involved to shout-out and give credit in videos or streams involving this map in the descriptions. Furthermore, I also ask you to consider donating to my Patreon. As I said, this project will remain free, however donating will help to support me during the development process and will include additional content. Thank you for considering, and enjoy!
- Map: JOLHAIM: An open World RPG
- Creator: The Revenant
- Download: https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/jolhaim-an-open-world-rpg-alpha-release/
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/The_Revenant
To these people, whose build designs can be found in the map.
- GeminiTay See: The statue in front of Sahkoa Tower.
- Grian See: Some of the buildings in the Victorian District and a lot of furniture.
- Lentebriesje See: The trees. All of them, except those generated by Minecraft, were designed by him.
- TheEvilSketch See: The Dragon Statue at Imperial Plaza.
To these dudes for their datapacks or support in designing my own:
- Cloud Wolf See: His video on how to make datapacks which helped me greatly.
- Sethbling See: BlingEdit, or as I like to call it the datapack that saved me thousands of hours.
Requirements and Recommendations
- Minecraft 1.16.4 OR Minecraft 1.16.5
- Render Distance: 12 Chunks
- 64-bit Java
- Optifine for 1.16.4/1.16.5 (Depending on which version of Minecraft you are using)
- Default Resource Pack
- Particles: All
- Clouds: Off
- 8GB or higher allocated to Minecraft
-Quality of Life improvements in tutorial.
-Fixed exposed command block in Military Museum.
-Fixed bug where players would spawn back in tutorial room i.
-Filled in missing blocks exposing circuitry/command blocks.
-Quality of Life improvements at beginning of game.