Submitting Your Map
Thank you for submitting your map to MinecraftMaps.com, we appreciate your effort to contribute to the Minecraft community and allow everyone to experience your creation!
This form allows you to add your own map to our site. All map submissions will be moderated before they are approved and published. This process won't be instant and may take some time.
You can request to change or remove your map at any time, by contacting us.
- You must be the map creator (or one of them).
- Upload one good screenshot or logo for the map in the "Default Screenshot" field (YouTube sized thumbnails fit the best).
- A good description of the map is very important and should not be left blank. The "Short Description" will feature on the map list page, and the "Long Description" will be on the map download page. (It's also preferable to provide a different description than the other places you may submit your map to).
- If you made the map for a specific Minecraft version or snapshot, please provide that information in the long description.
- Your map must not require any mods to work (Some exceptions can be made).
- Do not include texture / resource packs in the download if you don't have permission from the author.
- The description and in-game story / instructions for the map must be in English (our moderators only understand English, so maps in other languages can't be tested at the moment).
- Don't name your map after an established franchise, e.g. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.
Note: On occasion, your map's description may be changed by us, to fix grammatical and spelling errors, or to add more information. You can also request changes to be made to it, by contacting us.
Your map will also be re-hosted by us, unless you choose to use an adf.ly link.
Map Submit Form:
Welcome to MinecraftMaps.com!
We are an unofficial fan site for the awesome game known as Minecraft. This site specifically focuses on custom saved game worlds, created by talented Minecraft fans. You can download or add your own Minecraft maps here for free, including epic adventure maps, challenging survival maps, and much more!
Whether you're hosting your own Minecraft server to play with friends on multiplayer or just want to play it solo on singleplayer, there's plenty of different types of minecraft worlds for everyone to enjoy.
What are Minecraft Maps?
Minecraft maps are custom created worlds that are saved within the Minecraft game. They can be anything from an amazing role playing adventure that immerses you into an epic story, to a challenging puzzle map that tests your problem solving abilities.
With Minecraft maps, the possibilities are endless, the only limit is your own imagination. Anyone can create their own world within Minecraft, try it out for yourself and share your minecraft world with everyone!
What is Minecraft?
Minecraft is a sandbox style game, which allows players to create their own world with blocks, kind of like the video game equivalent of Lego! It can be played on both singleplayer and multiplayer and features four different game modes; Creative, Survival, Adventure and Hardcore. The PC version of Minecraft has full third-party modding support and there are thousands of custom user created mods, texture packs and skins available to download and use. It also has a save game feature, which allows players to share their own custom made world with others.
Minecraft is one of the most successful indie games of all time, millions of users login to play it each month. It is available to play on PC, and to this date, has sold over 12 million copies. There is also a Pocket Edition available on Android and iOS. On May 9, 2012, Minecraft was also released for the Xbox 360 console, selling 400,000 copies in the first 24 hours and breaking previous Xbox Live Arcade sales records. It was developed by 4J Studios. Minecraft on the 360 has sold over 10 million copies since its release in May, 2012.
A PlayStation 3 version of the game was released on December 17, 2013. As of January 24, 2014, it has sold over 1 million copies. Minecraft is also planned to be released on the latest next-gen consoles, Xbox One & PlayStation 4.
The hit indie game was originally created by Markus "Notch" Persson, as the game gained popularity, Notch founded a company called Mojang, which now develops the game with Jens "Jeb" Bergensten as the new Lead Developer of Minecraft. The game was first released in alpha form on May 17, 2009 and the full version was officially released with patch 1.0 on November 18, 2011.
You can buy the game from Minecraft.net, the official Minecraft website. The latest PC version is 1.7.5, which was released on February 25, 2014.
- How to Install Minecraft Maps
- How to Take Screenshots in Minecraft
- How to Change Your Minecraft Version
- Minecraft Map Types